What are the differences and similarities in Plesk 6.5 for Windows and Plesk 6.0 for Linux?
On this page you will find the answers to questions that are frequently asked.
Plesk windows linux
There are more than 40 new features in Plesk 6 for Linux which are almost all included in Plesk 6.5 for Windows, Plesk 6.5 for Windows unique features include:
- Plesk 6.5 for Windows offers a complete interface redesign that eventually will become adopted by the Linux versions.
- Plesk 6.5 for Windows also manages Sub-domains as true in the domains root directory. New screens for Sub-domain configuration are in the Windows release which will also be adopted in the Linux versions.
- Plesk 6.5 for Windows includes a new security sessions management screen allowing the system administrator to view all users who have accessed the system and close their session if necessary.
- Plesk 6.5 for Windows and Plesk 6 support multiple IP addresses for the name-based hosting. Resellers can have a separate IP address assigned to them to provision the name-based hosting or one IP address can be shared by few Resellers.
- Plesk 6.5 for Windows uses an enhanced traffic management that allows its users to separately account for incoming and outgoing traffic on primary Internet protocols: HTTP, FTP, SMTP, and POP3/IMAP.
- New powerful component in Plesk 6.5 for Windows - Event Manager - simplifies integration of Plesk 6.5 for Windows with other systems. In response to the internal events (such as domain creation or traffic over usage by one of the customers) Plesk 6.5 for Windows can call external systems and automatically pass required data.
- A Global Changes feature allows Admins and Resellers to perform group operations on dozens of objects simultaneously.
- Domain Backup is available directly from the customer's control panels allowing individual backups, downloads and uploads of backup files and restoration of the domain from a backup file.
- All new Action Log storing all customer activity in the control panel for Admin reference.